Monday, January 23, 2012

prickly



We had our first snow.  It was white and delicious for about 6 hours.  We didn't have a sale this weekend and so I had a weekend off -- first in a zillion years.  I seemed to have slept a large percentage of it away and now I feel like I have a horrible hangover (never mind my eyes and sinuses are puffy).  The Patriots won no no no let me rephrase that -- Baltimore lost their AFC Championship game.  Even I feel bad for Cundiff -- he looked like a little altar boy in that press conference.  I love football and my team -- but even I feel a bit guilty about going to the Super Bowl.  Such is football -- penalties, turnovers and a little luck.  Or magic.  Or faith -- depending what sect you pay your dues to.

I did manage to bake a pineapple upside down cake this weekend as well.  And cooked a kick ass stir-fry.  I used to love to cook but just don't seem to have the same verve for it right now.  Noot won.  Can you believe it?  I don't think he'll be the nominee but man it sure makes the primaries fun -- well maybe fun isn't exactly the right word.  I was chatting with a friend last night and she said she misses Rick Perry -- he is some dumb he's hard not to kind of love.  If not be utterly frightened of I suppose.

I wrote a poem kind of thing the other day.  It is horrible but at least it was something.  I need to get going on the poem that is due for the exhibit next month.  Sigh.  I don't know why I say yes to those things.  I started to watch, in the middle of the night, a movie called Tom & Viv.  Willem Dafoe playing T.S. Eliot and Miranda Richardson his wife.  I need to watch it when I'm not coming down from a wicked buzz.  I fell asleep though the cigarette smoke alone was intense.   There are several films I want to see this winter now that football season is almost over.   One winter all we watched were movies about painters.  I don't know if there is a theme this year yet.

I've got things to mail.  Why is it so difficult for me to get to the post office I wonder.  I think it is parking and the line and the forms.  I know there is a way to do it from home but I'm too lazy to figure that out as well.  I fear my children have inherited my intense procrastination gene.  Oh and I seemed to have wrenched my left shoulder.   I feel a bit prickly today.  I'm hitting save...




No comments: