Friday, December 9, 2011



Poll indicates Gingerich is the "true conservative."

Well.  Now that we have that out of the way.  True conservative... really?

Really?

These are mad mad times.  But not the good mad ... where art & intellect flourish.  These are no Enlightened times.  Nopey.  This is like Mad Max Goes Right Wing Christian or something.  And I've already expressed my "those right wing Christians don't know nuttin bout Jesus" opinion.

But at least the folks who have been masking their racist attitude toward our President are coming out of the closet.  "Food Stamp President.."  "Soul Train Initiative.." what else have I heard over the past few days ... oh "poor kids have no idea what a working role model looks like." "Gay people shouldn't openly serve in the military" ... oy vey.

As distressed as this stuff makes me feel, I actually wish people would always be that honest and quit couching their real feelings in innuendos.  Just say ... "I really am afraid of those black folks getting more power."  or "White people should always be in charge."  At least then we'd have somewhere to go.  It wouldn't necessarily be a good place but at least it would be honest.   The bubbling lava under the surface is making my feet hot while walking around this country.

And let's not even talk about the Town Dictators taking over 5 or 6 cities in Michigan thereby making the citizens of those towns votes null and void.  WHAT?

If I spend too much time reading and listening to this "news" I feel too depressed to get up and go out.    If I don't pay attention and try to talk about it I feel like I'm being irresponsible.  But I have to stop getting into arguments with people I guess.  I have been hit with several anti-union folks lately.  As if unions are the cause of all our problems.  I'm learning to smile and just not engage anymore.  What good will it do to argue with these strangers?  I'm not going to change their minds.

I'm depressed and I've not started my day.  I have a big estate sale today and tomorrow (two this weekend with one being a benefit for the Boys & Girls Club of Cape Cod).   I need to smile and be cheerful for the next two days.  

I need to be a lover ....

Let the lover be disgraceful, crazy
absentminded.  Someone sober will worry about
things going badly.  Let the lover be.

Rumi

1 comment:

cafe selavy said...

Holy shit! You are actually blogging again. Daily!

O.K. Let's see what happens.